Friday, October 07, 2005

 


Oh, you knew this was coming. The old Magic Dirt is gone, gone, gone (though they keep dropping hints that they could, if they wished, blow your head off...said hints being kind of besides the point these days).

The fact that I didn't review the first single and it's b-sides should be taken as a sign.

The mail from Australia arrived yesterday, and I've finally had a chance to hear the whole album. Full thoughts over the weekend (someone in the US has to do it) but for now I can't quite fathom that a power ballad as great as Envious isn't going to be heard by much of anyone in my country.

Please have Cheap Trick, The Bangles, and the Pretenders in your thoughts while listening. Without having heard the latest Liz Phair offering, I'm going to guess that the new Magic Dirt would be a better use of your money if you want to subsidize a sell-out.

For what it's worth, I have nothing against sell outs.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?