Friday, April 29, 2005

 

Ok, it's been four months since I've posted about Magic Dirt. That's enough, right? They're currently working on a new album, which will presumably only come out in Australia. As usual I'm nervous, as I have been ever since Adalita learned to sing and the band made the decision to pursue a more sophisticated (ha!) alt. rock market. Nonetheless, there were hints here and there on their last album that they could still, if they wanted to, put out an absolutely crushing electric guitar record. Or at least b-side. Fingers are crossed.

My iPod conked out a week or so ago, so I've been making do with my iPaq, which holds about two CDs. And the result is that I've been listening to Magic Dirt's Friends In Danger over and over again. Which is fine, since it's probably one of my five favorite albums. From it, here's Heavy Business, which I don't think I've posted before. It's not the most instantly catchy of albums -- this may be the most immediate song -- but once it gets you it does. not. let. go. ever. Totally loving the "Know no fear" chant on this track. Friends In Danger, I should mention, features (in my opinion) the best guitar sound on any record ever made in the history of mankind. Yes, that includes [fill in the blank].

Someone requested help finding Skeletons by Inflatable Boy Clams. Here it is. If you're reading this and you don't know who Inflatable Boy Clams are, just trust me: you're going to want this track for your Halloween mix tape.

I was lazy and didn't finish the post that I intended to have for Friday. I'll try to be diligent over the weekend.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?