Thursday, November 18, 2004

 

While we're on the subject of Drag City promos (see yesterday)...they are kind of neat. Above is the promo for Scott Walker's wonderful Tilt album, for which Drag City did the US release. Here's what the Fontana logo looks like:

I have a few other Drag City promos, though the two I've posted (yesterday and today) are my favorites that I've seen. If I had a lot of money and a lot of time to waste, I'd probably try to collect a complete set.

Actually, this seems like the sort of thing that rock/pop-culture scientist Adam Kempa might do well at documenting. Anyone want to try to get him interested? Not sure if he's a Drag City fan. You'd think there'd be a website devoted to this, but I haven't been able to find one yet.

And since I've posted a photo of the CD, here's the lead track Farmer In The City from Tilt, which is one of those strange and unclassifiable albums that you'll either love or hate. To the best of my knowledge, there's no other band/artist that sounds like this, which is probably worth something in this day and age. In other words, if you like this track...tough! To hear more Scott Walker, you might want to go here and download the mp3/click on the links.

[I should probably clarify: there are other songs that sound like Farmer In The City, e.g. things by the Divine Comedy, etc. The rest of Tilt is much weirder.]



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?