Thursday, September 09, 2004

 

That sure was a lot of estrogen these last few days.

You know how cool radio shows always have a theme that they play at the start? I've always wanted to do that, but it's not so practical with an mp3 blog. Today I'm presenting my theme song. Every time you read this blog, I want you to play this song by Tim Rose while the page loads, to set the mood.

At the end, when you're done reading, I want you to play this song , again by Tim Rose, to help symbolize how sad you'll be until my next column.

It'll be just like radio!

(I'd feel dumb shooting my mouth off about Tim Rose, since everything I know about him I learned from the internet. His "big accomplishments" are arranging Hey Joe in the form that Jimi Hendrix covered, and his performance of the hit Morning Dew, which he may not have written after all. If you google him, you'll find everything you probably need to know. Some one of these days I'll have to get around to tracking down some of the harder-to-find parts of his discography, but that's one of many things on my to-do list.

If you're trying to decide whether to download my new theme songs, we're talking Neil Diamond/Joe Cocker territory, but I think I like Tim better, at least when he's at his best.

Really great semi-spooky female backing vocals sold me on I Got A Loneliness, and I Gotta Do Things My Way is something like young Marlon Brando turned into a song.)



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?