Wednesday, September 29, 2004

 

I'm not sure how well this is going to go over, but I realized that I've never posted anything funny on this site. So why start now. Ba-dum Ching!

But seriously, I love this album. I'm not going to try to persuade you that it's wall to wall laughs, because it isn't (though there are a couple of surprisingly funny lines here and there). What I love is the atmosphere: Belle's voice and the sound of the crowd, and the insistent background music. Say what you will about the material, but her delivery is amazing. Here's all of side one...I sometimes put this on when I'm reading before going to sleep. It's oddly soothing.

An article on Belle and her comrades is here.

If I get any positive comments, I'll go ahead and post side two tomorrow. I hope I get to...there's a lovely one-liner that'll forever change the way you think about blowing the shofar.

So's you know, the material is "risque" but the intervening years have done a lot to tone it down. It's not all exactly politically correct, but I'm pretty thin skinned and I don't think there's anything here to worry about.

Even if you hate the album, you have to admit that that's one sexy cover photo!



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?