Friday, May 21, 2004

 
I don't usually do more than one post a day, but time is of the essence for this one. I just noticed that Brooklyn band (their record label appears to be based right down the street from my old apartment on Atlantic Avenue) The Hong Kong are playing tomorrow night at Rothko on the lower east side. Show's at midnight, the opening bands look a little dubious, and something tells me it might be mobbed, so I may not go. If you do, I'd love to hear about it. Quickly, The Hong Kong have aspects of Stereolab and Blondie in their sound (everyone says this...it's kind of obvious) and while I have little confidence in my ability to predict success, they seem like good candidates. I see that Rolling Stone has already blurbed them, a while ago, in fact.

They're not a group I'm going insane over, but their album/ep Rock The Faces is pretty good and sounds made to be played live. There are downloads on their site and here's one more (Disappear) for those who are lazy, or whose curiosity can't be sated by two songs.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?