Friday, February 06, 2004

 
The Moonbabies are kind of outside of my normal sphere, as I expect that their new album The Orange Billboard is going to be fairly popular (though I'm notoriously bad about guessing these things). Nonetheless, the song that I like the best isn't among the full-length samples on their web page, so I thought I'd post it here. It's the very Isn't Anything sounding Slowmono. I'm expecting this album will get a rave at Pitchfork any minute now, if it hasn't already.

And since I'm in vaguely shoegaze territory anyway, this is frequently my favorite song by the Nightblooms. It's from their first LP The Nightblooms which is not a live album, despite what Allmusic may say, and it's called A Thousand Years.

I'd planned on writing about Kicking Giant this week, but decided to move a little further away from incompetent noise after yesterday.

A recent KaitO live appearance on WFMU that I missed. Luckily, all is archived. They're really remarkably tight for a band whose sound is based on a lot of spontaneous whoops and noises. I'm hoping that they don't follow in the footsteps of the Clinic (great singles comp, great debut, get a lot of attention, then release mediocre album that leaves a lot of people wondering what the fuss was about).



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?