Tuesday, January 06, 2004

 
I've decided to keep today's post short and to the point, as everytime I try to explain about the Daughters of Albion I get carried away. Here's the deal: it's never been released on CD, it's from 1968, and it's brilliant. The cover probably scares people away:


(Oooh, scary hippies)

Actually it sounds something like an attempt to create an American Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. My two favorite songs are Well Wired (someone had fun mixing this) and the fairly bizarre year-in-review track 1968 John Flip Lockup. The rest of the album is great, though these two are the songs with the most dramatic production.

Best of all, if you have a turntable you can probably score a good copy of this for no more than $15.00. I'm not sure why it's so cheap, nor do I know why it's not on CD when it seems obvious that a fair number of people would love it.

Someone seems to be constructing a website for band members Greg Dempsey and Kathy Yesse here.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?