Tuesday, January 20, 2004

 
I was watching Igby Goes Down again last night, and was happy to find that it holds up very well. The preppies/Long Island theme reminded me that I've been meaning to rerun my Laptop feature. I posted tracks from their wonderful Don't Try This At Home last year, but it was during the time when I foolishly thought that everyone could play AAC files. So, today is a repeat in a way.

My favorite songs from that album haven't changed, so again here's Want In and here's Back In The Picture. This album deserves way more attention than it's gotten thus far...I'm hoping that Jesse Hartman will manage to get one of the songs into a commercial or movie, which seems to be his best hope at this point (it worked for the Dandy Warhols). I was sort of shocked recently, while watching an absolutely terrible film called The New Guy, to hear Laptop's The New You playing during one scene, but I'd like to see them in something a little more appropriate. Hey Whit Stillman/Wes Anderson/Burr Steers...I've got the guy for you!

Unrelated Link: the site for BB Gun (the music zine put out by Bob Bert) has some neat stuff, inluding phone messages from various rock folk and some rarities by Mr. Bert's old bands (Sonic Youth, Pussy Galore, etc.). The 2004 issue #7 of BB Gun is interesting, though it often feels like a time warp back to the 80's.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?