Tuesday, December 09, 2003

 
Yesterday I mentioned the Wombles, and it dawns on my that some of my domestic readers might not know who/what that is. The long answer can be googled, but the short answer is: large fuzzy creatures who picked up trash and sang fantastic songs on a children's television show in England. Some semi-famous people lurked behind the Wombles, but you can find out everything I know via the usual channels (allmusic, google) in a couple of clicks.

Since we're approaching Christmas, here's the inevitable Wombling Merry Christmas (far superior to I Wish It Could Be A Wombling Merry Christmas Every Day). Here's a Womble song to help remind you of sunnier days, called Non Stop Wombling Summer Party. And here's my favorite Womble song, Invitation To The Ping Pong Ball, one of a small number of Womble songs that don't have the word "Womble" in the title. There's a great CD compilation on Dramatico records that collects 35 songs and two videos on two CDs, but I'm not sure if it's still in print.

(Hey, that Wellington Womble plays a mean guitar. He could really have a career ahead of him!)



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?