Friday, December 12, 2003

 
A long time ago, I went to a bar with a friend of mine and Stephin Merritt of the Magnetic Fields (or Stephin Magnetic Fields, as chickfactor would have put it) was there. He knew my friend, and we all ended up drinking together. Stephin drank a lot. At one point, he ordered a round of cheez doodles for the bar, shouting "Cheez Doodles all around!" to the bartender. I usually try not to talk about music with musicians, but somehow that's where the topic wound up. Stephin decided to write out his list of the most essential recordings of all time, the ones that every aspiring musician should know. The only paper available was the backs of postcards which advertised an upcoming DJ party called "Rebel Rebel." The other day I was cleaning my basement and I found the postcards. And here they are.

(I hope these are legible on your screen.)

Here's the Magnetic Fields' version of Heroes.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?