Monday, November 10, 2003

 
I didn't have time to upload today's track last week, when I first mentioned Laptop, but this is such a classic that I'm going to do it now. Jesse Hartman has been coy about telling what band he's referring to in I'm So Happy You Failed (AAC). At times, he's said it was about The Strokes, but given the success of their new (crappy as the first one) album, we'll have to find another band to attribute it to.

Anyway, my favorite part is the end, where he brings in a children's chorus to sing the refrain. If that isn't a stroke of genius, I don't know what is.

I got really excited over the weekend when I stumbled across an album making the internet rounds (it's not new, but new to me) of Richard Davies (see Moles entry below) playing with the Flaming Lips as a backing band, but turns out it's not so great. Oh well. So I won't be posting anything from it here.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?